Total Pageviews

Wednesday 28 March 2012

A chance to see a real Blues Legend

Joe Bonamassa


Hey People! So American blues legend played in the HMV Picture House in Edinburgh last night on the 27th of March. You may be asking what has this got to do with Glasgow? Well, Joe is coming to Glasgow on the 4th of April to play the prestigious Royal Concert Hall! But that's not all folks, to get you in the mood I interviewed my friend and bandmate Craig who travelled all to Edinburgh to see him the other night. He told me all about the gig. Below is a wee question & answer session. :)

So is this the first time you've seen Joe Bonamassa live?

C: No I have seen him a few times before. Once before as a solo artist and twice in his band Black Country Communion. So four times altogether now. 

How did this performance compare against previous performances?

C: It was the same high standard. He's been great every time I've seen him. He is a phenomenal talent, It's great to watch as he plays guitar and sings at the same time. I was right at the front so got an amazing view of the show.

What was the atmosphere like at the gig?

C: Really good. It was an exciting show. Everyone was really enjoying it.

What was your favourite song of the gig?

C: One of my favourites was when he played a song from his band Black Country Communion called 'Song of Yesterday'. It's great live. I also really enjoyed the song 'Sloe Gin'.

Any other highlights worth mentioning?

C: It was amazing, I caught the drummer Tal Bergman's drumstick!

Finally, would you recommend people to see him in Glasgow on the 4th of April?

C: Yeah definitely, if blues or classic rock is your thing then it is a must see. Even if it's not I'm sure you'll be impressed by the high standard of music.




                                    

Tal Bergman's drumstick caught by Craig!







             Above is a video of Joe Bonamassa playing 'Song of Yesterday' in America last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment