Total Pageviews

Saturday 31 March 2012

'I'm an Imagineer I see as I say'

The Imagineers, a band based in Glasgow and at the forefront of the evolving music scene, are set for great things. Their name coming from the 20th century word 'Imagineering' used to describe the interface of imagination and engineering adds to the enigma surrounding this band.



 But there is no real mystery to them. They are great musicians and they put on a unique show. Having met them and seen them live I would describe them as having old fashioned songwriting style but with a modern twist. One thing you will notice straight away is their Scottish twang when they sing. I think this is a good thing and I like hearing it in local bands. I can hear a lot of old influences in their music such as Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash.

Last year they joined fellow Glaswegian music titans Kassidy on their tour. On top of this they have made various festival appearances and played frequently in the legendary venue King Tut's Wah Wah Hut. They are one to watch and have already left their mark on the Glasgow Music Scene.

The boys will be returning to King Tut's once again on the 15th of June. Give it a shot, it won't disappoint! ;)

Also their first EP 'Say as I see' is available now on Itunes.


No comments:

Post a Comment