Total Pageviews

Saturday 3 March 2012

Scotland's Metal Heroes

Scotland in general produces a wide variety of talented artists, bands and groups. Every music genre under the sun is represented here, in Glasgow especially. Flying the flag for the more 'underground' music scene is Scotlands very own metal gods, Bleed From Within.


Left to Right: Craig 'Goonzi' Gowans (Guitars), Davie Provan (Bass), Scott Kennedy (Vocals), Ali Richardson (Drums), Martyn Evans (Guitars).


Formed in Hamilton, just outside Glasgow in 2005 Bleed From Within quickly made a name for themselves in the Glasgow music scene by supporting touring bands. They showed great work ethic and played gigs relentlessly up and down the UK and organised their own tour of mainland Europe! This lead to them becoming an internationally recognised band who have headlined gigs across the globe. So far they have released 2 E.P's, 2 studio albums and are currently working on their 3rd which is due in the coming months. I would definately recommend that you give them a listen! They show good musicianship and creativity in their music and from what i've seen from their tour blogs and interviews, they seem like a great bunch of guys that love to have a laugh. :p

 They are in my opinion the dark horses of the Glasgow music scene. Due to the fact that their music is not exactly mainstream, I'm sure that most of you won't of heard of them but they are in fact one of the most successful music acts to come out of Glasgow in recent years. Even if you don't appreciate their music I'm sure you can appreciate their drive and passion for doing what they love.

A few months back I was walking down Union street in Glasgow on a friday night. I was on my way to meet a friend and I saw Bleed From Within standing outside Chopstix chinese restaurant eating noodles! It shows you that the success hasn't got to their heads and they still love a Glasgow night out and more importantly fast food. :) On top of this they go to the same gigs as me and make regular appearances in my favourite club Cathouse. So i've seen them about a good few times. I've always been too shy to say hello but next time I definately will ;)

Bleed From Within playing Groezrock Festival Belgium in 2011.

 Metal music also happens to be my passion and they are a huge inspiration to me. They have achieved everything that I want to achieve and have the music career that I have always dreamed of. The fact that they are from Glasgow makes it even more incredible to me and makes me proud to be Scottish! Keep an eye on them though, Scotlands metal heroes move speedily and are constantly growing as a force. Check them out next time they're in town. Nothing better than supporting some good homegrown talent eh? I can't stop thinking though, if they can do it, why can't I?


Music video for 'The Healing' off of the album Empire.

No comments:

Post a Comment