Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 March 2012

In Rockness we trust?


So as I go about my daily life, there is one word that I keep hearing. Rockness. 

The winner of NME's Best small music festival 2012 takes place at Loch Ness on the 8th to the 10th of June. But what is it that makes this festival so popular with the youth of today? Perhaps young travellers go in the hope that they will catch a glimpse of the magnificent Loch Ness monster? Or maybe because of the world class scenery? Nah probably not, I think it's more because of the music and the chance to break away from home life and go nuts with your mates.

So i talked about the rival festival T in The Park earlier in my blog, but how does it compare?

The Headliners are:

Friday: Mumford & Sons, Ed Sheeran.

Saturday: Deadmau5, Justice.

Sunday: Biffy Clyro, Friendly Fires.

Amongst all this is a tonne of random electro? acts that I have never heard of. So this festival isn't really doing anything for me. But as I always say whatever tickles your taste buds. So if this sounds like your neck of the woods I'm sure it will be a laugh and definately better than the abysmal T in The Park Lineup. Tickets are £160 so not too bad price-wise eh?

I think the only reason I would go would be to find out what on earth this thing is!? 


?


Anyway to get a sense of what the atmosphere is like, here is a clip of last years Sunday headliners Kasabian playing the main stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment