Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 April 2012

I blinked and I missed them...


Every time I hear Blink 182 I get all nostalgic. Not real nostalgia apparently, as I keep getting told that you don't feel real nostalgia at 18! But nonetheless, they were my favourite band growing up and I was strangely upset in 2005 when they announced that they were going to have a hiatus.


When they announced that they were reforming I and the rest of my generation were overjoyed to hear it! In September 2011 they released their new album 'Neighborhoods'. It echoed the sound of their past releases but it had an all round more mature sound to it. Gone are the days of 'What's my age again?' It's clear that age has brought along some changes. A good album overall I would say, but it just didn't have the same quirkiness and attitude as their old stuff. Well I guess this is growing up! :p


So why are you reading about my pop-punk fuelled nostalgia? I was reminded of it when I saw that Blink 182 are playing the SECC on the 20th of June as part of their UK tour. It is going to be a gig of epic proportions! Supporting them is the successful Glasgow band Twin Atlantic, another reason to celebrate! and fellow American pop-rock band All American Rejects.

It's bound to be a sell out so don't be disappointed!



Here is Blink 182's classic 'All the Small Things' to get you in the blink mindset. Enjoy!

                              

No comments:

Post a Comment